Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My Summer at Mattel and Matchbox




Starting off I was a lazy/scared photographer this summer. Unfortunately I didn't take any of these pictures. I actually didn't know all the rules about photography and confidentiality at Mattel so I just passed on the whole thing. So instead I just ripped these from the web, much better right? :)

It's been a crazy couple of months. I graduated from the College for Creative Studies in Illustration. (Pictures will follow.) About three weeks after that I waived goodbye to all of my friends and family, flew out to Los Angeles, unpacked my bags, and designed toys all summer. That's right I worked at Mattel (Matchbox Division) designing toys! It was an amazing and eye opening experience!

Basically I worked in Matchbox Plastic Division, where I designed a varied of toys. Two of these toys will be released in Fall 2011. I was given permission to post my orthographic drawings and final EA models after February (after their release at Toy Fair 2011.) I'll keep you posted.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) I did concept work for the rest of the summer for a toy line in 2012! The unfortunate part is that I can't show anything. :/ The fortunate part is if I could it probably would not come out at all. So I'm both sad and grateful! It was a great experience non the less.

I lived in El Segundo, CA for the summer. Only 10 minutes from Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, and all those other beaches. It was absolutely gorgeous and refreshing to go to the beach after work.

Now I've moved up to Los Feliz and all my friends from CCS have seemed to follow so we live in a 2 block radius! I am so excited! I'll post up a few pictures of my apartment as everyone has been hassling me about it. Take care and I'm glad to be back illustrating again!


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete